Domus Colosseo Hotel
Domus Colosseo Hotel
The 3-star “Domus Colosseo Hotel” has been refurbished in 2016 in order to convey the experience of a Roman house whose history unfolded next to the Colosseum. Reopened in 2017 it is available for management starting the 1rst of February 2018 with lease of business branch on conditions to be agreed upon.
Arranged on 3 floors (basement, mezzanine, first) connected by an elevator, it is air-conditioned and offers 11 rooms for a total of 24 beds (with simplified fire prevention legislation): 8 doubles between 34.4 sq ft and 47.5 sq ft, 1 quadruple (64 sq ft, used as a triple), 1 triple (49.2 sq ft, used as a double), 1 single (31.1 sq ft). Each room has a state-of-the-art Samsung smart TV. Free wi-fi is available in all hotel spaces. Two additional tourist homes are also available in the same block for short rentals.
We are in a historic building overlooking the garden of a villa. Charming statues adorn its terraces. The people are welcomed in the living room of this Roman house where a unique daily story is told: the story of the engineer and the painter (the 1800s sofa and fratino and the “desk of the engineer” of the early twentieth century both belonged to them); and of many other presences; of today’s hotel too.
All stories adding up and in some way building the mosaic typical of every historical place. This is the meaning of the name Domus given to the hotel: a Domus from another time, not opulent but where one can feel at home. For, paradoxically, what most people need going elsewhere, traveling around the world, is just feeling at home, possibly immersed in a distant atmosphere in space and time. And this is exactly what you can have at two hundred steps from the Colosseum.
The Hotel Strengths
The strengths of the hotel are:
• the location, 200 yards from the Colosseum, within the most beautiful and uppermost area of the Celio district, which, in the historical centre of Rome, is without a doubt one of the most pleasant and best served by both public (metro A / Colosseum, B / Piazza Vittorio) and private transportation. The district does not sit within the blue (restricted) zone;
• the view, in some rooms, overlooks a garden with century-old Lebanon cedars belonging to the neighbouring villa, built by the Counts of Pontalto between 1909 and 1912;
• the architectural quality of the building where the hotel is located, built too by the Counts of Pontalto shortly after their villa was built;
• security, being the building located next to the Celio Police station;
• parking, the entrance to which is adjacent to the hotel;
• the US University “Notre Dame du Lac”: located in the said villa, which envisages potential clients for the hotel as regards families and foreign professors linked to university life;
• the headquarters, right in front of the hotel, of “Lazio Innova”, the in-house company of the Lazio Region which promotes economic growth, access to credit, land development and support for innovation thus producing a constant flow of economic and institutional operators;
• the availability, in the same block, of two short rentals tourist homes: “ Domus Colosseo Novecento “ and “Domus Colosseo Roofgarden “.