Domus Colosseo Roof Garden
Domus Colosseo Roof Garden
Sunny and luxury penthouse (130 m² plus 130 m² of terraces) arranged on three floors with a breathtaking 360° view over the heart of ancient Rome. It is perfect for families and groups spending holidays in the Eternal City. At only 1 minute walk from the Coliseum, it is perfect for visiting ancient Rome: the Imperial Forums, the Domus Aurea, the Palatinus and the Circus Maximus.
Located at Celio (one of the famous Seven Hills), it is comfortably settled at the 6th, 7th and 8th floor of an 8-floor building constructed in 1953, which reaches one of the top viewpoints in Rome. Views are so spectacular, particularly from the 8th floor rooftop terrace, that in May 2008 they were filmed by National Geographic for the programme “City Chase” about Rome.
Renovated in 2006, the penthouse preserves some interiors from the 1950s and offers full comforts (Jacuzzi, air conditioning, heating, internet wireless connection, satellite Sky tv with programs in Italian, English, French etc., dvd-divx-cd-mpeg-mp3 player, washing machine, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave oven, iron, etc.).
It is encircled by a district, Celio, quiet and full of parks though lively with restaurants, pubs and supermarkets. It can accommodate up to 8 people (6 adults plus 2 children), as the inner and outer space of the apartment (250 m²) allows full ease of living for a group or family. For babies one cot and a highchair are available.
Views play the leading role, both inside and outside the apartment: the numerous windows typical of the Fifties bring a unique mixture of light and views into the rooms, where everything else disappears. Inside, shades of white and beige together with the blond of the wooden parquet accompany such a mixture. Outside in the terrace flowers are white, yellow, blue. A minimalist style highlights the amazing views that dominate everywhere in the apartment: no curtains, few tabletop accessories, selected maps and paintings by famous authors (Nolli, Piranesi, etc.), reminding of the history of Rome through the centuries up to the Fifties, the years of “La Dolce Vita” when the building grew (1952).
The apartment is ideal for a family or a group, as the size of the entire property (260 m² arranged on three floors) allows full ease of living.
In the apartment there are:
• one spacious living room with three sofas (one of which is a double sofa bed) and an additional bed, a television with international satellite TV and a dvd-divx-cd-mpeg-mp3 player;
• one dining room for 10-12 people;
• one independent kitchen with fridge, freezer, stove/oven, microwave oven/grill, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, dishwasher and washing machine (no dryer: washed clothes are hung to dry);
• 4 bedrooms (one big double room with an additional bed; one twin, that can also be arranged as a double bedroom, with another possible additional bed; one twin with a cot, that can also be arranged as a double bedroom; one smaller room next to one of the two bathrooms);
• two bathrooms (one with Jacuzzi hot tub and the other one with shower) both with bidet and hairdryer.
Further than the indoor spaces (4 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms), there are special outdoor spaces, i.e. three terraces of 130 m², renovated using authentic materials from our Roman tradition, like travertine and marble-chip floor tiles and furnished with table, chairs, deckchairs, sun beds and Mediterranean plants like lemons, rosemary, sage, grapes, etc.:
• on the 6th floor a wonderful living and dining room in the open air overlooking the sunset;
• on the 7th floor a nice living space with the view on the Colosseum and an outdoor shower with the view on the Basilica of S. Maria Maggiore;
• on the 8th floor a spectacular roof garden of 50 m² with a 360° view on the historical centre of Rome.
Outdoor spaces and stunning views are the main trait of this penthouse. Views are so spectacular, particularly on the 8th floor roof garden (some views are enclosed), that in May 2008 they were filmed by National Geographic for the programme “City Chase” about Rome.
Completely furnished, it is rented for tourism purposes only, in accordance with the Italian Law (Italian Civil Code, art. 1571-1614; Law n. 431/98, art.1, p.2, c), and no services are provided (rental for tourism purposes communicated to the City Hall of Rome, prot. QA 6683 on 10-10-2006).
at the moment a portion of the view in front of the apartment is disturbed by works in progress (e.g. cranes) for the construction of the Line-C subway, which can also produce noise during working hours.
Prices change in relation to season.
Low season (2019 January 7 – March 15, November 4 – December 20): from € 390 to € 450 per night.
High season (2019 March 16 – November 3, December 21 – January 6, 2020): from € 450 to € 540 per night.
Brief stays accepted with a minimum of 3 nights.
Long stays accepted with a maximum of 28 nights. The apartment is rented completely furnished and fully equipped.
The rental does not include only electricity, water, gas and condominium: forfait extra charge for stays up to 7 days is € 150.
The tourist tax introduced in Rome since January 1, 2011 (€ 3,5 per person per night) is not included in the rental either.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us through the reservation form which reaches us through email.
If you need more information, we will be glad to contact you on the phone, possibly via WhatsApp (please let us know your telephone /WhatsApp number, location and time zone).